Our Vision Statement and Program
“Training Student-Athletes to be Future Champions”
- Team Ontario gets results. Since our inception, almost every player who has been on our 18U and/or 17U teams as an active player has had scholarship opportunities to attend US Colleges. In most cases, players receive numerous offers. While some elect to pursue educational opportunities in Canada, most will enter a US university baseball program. Our players have received offers from some of the top academic and top baseball schools in North America.
- Since 1998, some 45 Team Ontario players have been selected in the Major League Baseball amateur entry draft held annually in June. Some 30 of those players signed professional contracts with MLB clubs, with 25 playing for Minor League Baseball teams and 5 alumni playing multiple seasons of Major League Baseball.
- We design our program to maximize the exposure of our players to US college coaches and scouts. We do this by combining quality tournaments with high profile “showcase” or combine events. Many baseball programs make claims of US tournament opportunities. Team Ontario staff bring their many years of experience and contacts in the industry into play, to identify and target those tournaments that are among the best and most competitive south of the border.
- These tournaments include the highly regarded Junior Sunbelt Classic in McAlester, Oklahoma; the Perfect Game/Baseball America World Wood Bat Championship in Jupiter, Florida; the National Amateur Baseball Federation High School World Series in Millington, Tennessee; and others.
- Showcase events, including the Area Code Games in Chicago and Long Beach California and the Perfect Game Northeast Showcase in Wareham, Massachusetts, attract hundreds of scouts and the very best players. Excelling at one of these events is perhaps the surest way for a player to increase his likelihood of attaining his goals.
- Team Ontario is proud to offer its players the chance to play in these special events. We are invited because of our reputation for top-quality athletes who know how to play the game and how to conduct themselves on and off the field.
- Our top-level instruction is a differentiating cornerstone of Team Ontario. Our excellent, experienced, and dedicated coaches, each with expertise in one or more facets of the game, allow us to provide individualized and specialized training. Our coaches attend coaching clinics annually to keep their knowledge current.
- We provide many opportunities for instruction in our full year-round program. Our well-received four-week fall development program involves individual and team skill-specific instruction, and introduces players to our customized baseball-specific off-season strength and conditioning programs. In addition to the fall program, there are indoor winter workouts and practices, our spring-summer league season with the CPBL, and our summer travel schedule, all of which provide dozens of hours of instruction above and beyond game opportunities.