- Coach Alex Stewart’s high attention to detail with respect to movement quality, combined with an understanding of the demands of sport-specific programming, challenges our Team Ontario Astros athletes and instills the confidence needed for them to be successful. His personal training background and Health Sciences degree from Graceland University contribute to the personal and physical growth of Team Ontario’s players.
- Alex’s passion for baseball developed from a very young age. Playing for over 15 years, he gained experience as a pitcher, infielder, and outfielder; eventually, center field became his premier position. He excelled as a baseball player throughout high school at Cardinal Carter CHS; he played center field and pitched for YSBA AAA championship teams in Newmarket and Aurora from 2004 to 2007. Winning the Ontario Summer Games gold medal with the YSBA All-Stars and winning the silver medal at the Canadian Midget Eliminations were two highlights of his baseball playing career in Ontario.
- In addition, Alex also starred as a high school track and field athlete, which brought him to Graceland University in Lamoni, Iowa on an athletic scholarship.
- As a 3-time Heart of America Athletic Conference gold medalist (2010-12) and 4-time NAIA National Championship qualifier (2009-12), Alex brings a winning attitude, high intensity, and high expectations for Team Ontario athletes. With a Bachelor of Health alongside a minor in fitness leadership, his passion for strength training evolved. He is a certified strength and conditioning specialist (CSCS),
- Coach Alex Stewart brings to Team Ontario his NAIA credentials as a nationally-ranked javelin thrower at Graceland and his championship-calibre performances on the baseball diamond. He joined Team Ontario’s coaching staff in 2015 after coaching the Ontario Athletics of the Fergie Jenkins League and St. Theresa of Lisieux Lions of the York Region Athletic Association. Alex coached on the Team Ontario 16U staff in 2016 and moved to the 18U staff for the 2017 season. He has joined Joe Presutti’s 15U coaching staff for the 2019 season, where he serves as First Base Coach, Hitting Coach, and Outfield Coach.